Sunday, January 30, 2011

Thai, meat pies, and cake, oh my!

This weekend was so much fun.

On Friday Mike and I went and saw No Strings Attached. It was a RomCom. It was what you would think it would be like. I will give it props for being more funny than I thought it would be. Most of all, I just liked going to the movies with my honey. :)


Saturday was spent erranding (to Target, where else?) and getting a pedicure with my friends Barbara and Amy. We all have pretty red toes now. My color? Chick Flick Cherry! (I didn't get a pic of us in our pedicure chairs. :( I guess we'll have to go again for a photo op!)


Mike and I had planned on going to Arcadia, one of my favorite restaurants for dinner that night. Mike was kinda sounding like he didn't want to go, and so I suggested we go for ... Thai food! Now that might not sound so exciting, but for me to suggest Thai food is something of a small miracle. I like Thai, but it's not my fave, and given the choice I usually always want something else. This night, I don't know, I had a hankering for some green curry. Knowing this was a once-in-a-million years occurance, Mike jumped on the chance to go. I got to catch up with my fabulous friend Sharon and our friends Shane, Margaret, and Manoj came too. It was impromptu and incredibly fun. I even tried Sharon's papaya salad, which was very spicy, but also quite yummy. We then got delicious gelato afterwards - mmmm, creme brulee flavor!

Me, Margaret, and Sharon; Manoj, Shane, and Mike.


Sunday we went to an Australia Day celebration at Shane and Margaret's house. Meat pies, sausage rolls, ginger beer, and chocolate caramel koala-shaped candy? Total wins. Vegemite? Not so much. But, I am super glad I tried it. Even though it was awful. :( The best of the afternoon? Eating the delicious pavlova Margaret made, petting their adorable dog Zeb, and holding our friends' baby Dorian. Overall a fantastic celebration.

Shane decked out in Australia themed garb; evil Vegemite and fabulous kangaroo-shaped cookies, and dogs Zeb and Roo, appropriately donning Australia flag scarves. :)

The last thing I did this weekend? I made a cakewich, friends!


It is just as glorious as I thought it would be. Who needs real sandwiches when you can have one made out of cake? Okay, regular sandwiches will still make up over 50% of my diet, but this is an awesome addition. Yay for cakes in the shape of sandwiches!


The "bread" is vanilla pound cake, the "peanut butter" is peanut butter frosting, and the jam is just regular jam. Strawberry Smukers, to be exact. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment