Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend Review



Hi Friends!

It has been a busy and wonderful weekend. I actually can't believe it is Sunday evening already ... what happened?? Here is a wrap up of what I did.

Friday: Mike and I were invited to go watch a basketball game. Mike's friends had tickets for those seats in the little boxes. I had never been to a professional basketball game before, and, if I'm being honest, don't even really know how basketball works. I mean I know that each team tries to get the ball into the basket, of course, but I didn't know how teams got which points and all that. Mike explained it to me as we watched the game, and it was actually really fun! The game got tied with only like 5 seconds left, and then the team we were rooting for, the Oakland Warriors, won! Hooray!

Our view from the game; banana cake delivered right to our box? Yes please!; the final score.

Saturday: After such a long Friday night, Mike and I kinda just hung around on Saturday. We slept in, and then I went to run some errands. I picked up gifts for my Secret Valentine, which starts at my work in a week. I'm not telling what I got yet, though ... not until after the reveal! I also stopped by a little sandwich shop/cafe by my house for the first time, and man, I don't know how I lived so close to this place for two years without going all the time! It is called Specialty's Cafe and Bakery, and it is the perfect place for me! An extensive menu of fresh sandwiches, salads, soups, and sweets, all house made and from scratch. Delicious!

I also finished cleaning and organizing my classroom with a little help from Mike. For those of you who don't know me well yet, it may be surprising that I had to clean and organize my classroom - I'm a bit of a neat freak. I'm not sure what happened this year. The outside looked great, it was all of the things behind cabinet and closet doors. I'll post more later with pictures, but let's just say it feels so good to have everything so neat and clean.

Sunday was a book club meeting, which really wasn't a book club meeting at all, since a lot of us weren't finished reading the book. We decided to get together and play board games instead! It was so much fun. We played Time's Up, which I had never played before. It was like a mix of Taboo and charades, two of my favorite games. We had a blast! My favorite clue of the night? "His name sounds like Maine Fun Cat!" "Chow Yun Fat?" "Yessss!" :)


Time's Up; me acting out something crazy to Hanna; Jen and Emily looking serious over their clues; the girls posing pretty; each of our favorite poses from the night (Jen = Janet Jackson, I = Hannah Montana, Hanna = Woody Woodpecker or Mr. Bean, depending, and Emily = Albert Einstein).

Correction: That is Jen's Queen Latifah. How could I have gotten that wrong?! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Um, I think that was my Queen Latifah clue. You were an excellent clue giver and receiver, Sara! So much fun! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete