We recently had the design meeting for our new house, and let me tell you, it was so much fun! They have you go to this huge design center and you get to pick out everything, from carpet to cabinet pulls. I never knew there could be so many choices! We basically got to go shopping for three hours, and we even got to pick out the color of grout for the kitchen backsplash. I didn't even know that grout came in different colors, let alone about five shades of grey that looked the same to me.
Here is a photo of some of the bigger things we chose, although it is a little hard to see the details.
Starting at the top left:
1. Tile for entryway and bathroom floors.
2. Our carpet color is the one the paint swatches are touching in the corner. It had a cute name, but I just kept calling it "mushroom color."
3. Our paint swatches - the tan will be the wall color, the off white is the ceiling, doors, and trim.
4. Wood floors in living room, dining room, and kitchen.
5. Cabinet color and design for kitchen and all built-ins and bathrooms.
6. Marble for bathroom countertops and showers.
7. The little grid below the marble square is the floor of the shower in the master bath.
8. Underneath the hardwood floor sample is our kitchen backsplash.
9. Our granite countertops in the kitchen.
We also picked out handles for the cabinets, which look like this:
And we got a few extras, like matching wood railings, a designer-y sink for the kitchen, some upgraded appliances, and brushed nickel fixtures.
Now I am even more excited to move in, and it seems like the house won't be finished for forever! Can December hurry up and get here already?!