Saturday, January 15, 2011

I Heart Michel Gondry

I have loved the work of director Michel Gondry ever since I saw his video for Daft Punk's Around the World. Could it have anything to do with dancing astronauts and girls in sequined bathing beauty suits? Perhaps.


I love his style, his mix of homemade and surreal, that makes you feel like you are having some sort of fabulous strange dream. I always kept an eye out for his music videos, like Foo Fighter's Everlong.


When his wonderful movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind came out, I was in love.


It still is one of my favorite movies. I also loved the adorable and endearing Be Kind Rewind, which was so funny and sweet. Mos Def was absolutely hilarious, and it is one of my favorite Jack Black movies.


Tonight, Mike took me to see The Green Hornet, his newest flick.


It was definitely way more mainstream than his other films, but there were still some little bits of his style here and there, which was nice to see. It was a funny movie in addition to being an action movie, and seeing as I love Seth Rogan and his flicks, too, it was win-win for me. Mike liked it, too, which I am so glad for since I kinda had to beg to see it. :) My favorite line? "You brought a gas mask? Why did you only bring one?!" Hehe.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know him by name until reading your post, but I like Michel Gondry as well! Thanks for connecting the dots for me! You always surprise me with your edgy side, Sara!

    ReplyDelete