Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Butterfly Wedding

My beautiful sister-in-law Lori is getting married (hooray!), and she chose a butterfly theme for her spring wedding. I love weddings, and so of course I have been searching for everything butterfly themed ever since she announced her engagement. There are so many gorgeous butterfly wedding items out there, I thought I would put a post together to showcase all of the great finds.

Flowers


I love the soft colors of these flowers, and the purple ones (not the roses) almost look like fluttering butterfly wings. Is that just me? Either way, these are too pretty.


Lori was telling us that she liked purples and greens for colors, and this bouquet has both of those shades in the most lovely spring tones. I love how soft and romantic this is.


Like they did for most of the wedding décor, Theresa and Ken chose flowers in different shades of purple for the centerpieces, including tulips, hydrangeas, and roses. They were arranged in glass vases of varying shapes and textures.

Not only does this table centerpiece have lush purple hydrangeas, but is that a butterfly I spy on the table number?? How perfect!


How sweet are the pink roses mixed into this bouquet? And I love the jewels around the stems. So pretty!

Bridesmaids


These dresses from Boden are so pretty and practical. I love the two shades of sweat pea and blueberry, and these could definitely be worn again to other dressy events.


This dress from J. Crew is more dressy but still very versatile. I love the hemline and the flattering cut.



This shade is really lovely, and the neckline is so unique. It reminded me of butterflies, although I believe they are flowers.


This is a pretty option in a longer length, very simple and elegant.


Here is one in a darker shade of plum. I love this whole picture - so effortless!

Bridal Gift Set of Three, CUSTOM LETTER & BIRTHSTONE, Butterfly Lariat Necklace, Sterling Silver, pearl, y-drop bridesmaid favor

These necklaces from etsy would be a perfect gift for bridesmaids. You get to choose the stone for each girl, and the initial. They come in a set of four.

Cakes

For a feminine look, Theresa and Ken incorporated butterflies into their wedding motif. Purple and white ones, handmade of sugar, cascaded down their smooth, buttercream cake.

How perfect is this cake? Simple, elegant, with purple flowers and butterflies. Love it!

Decorations



All of these place cards and table numbers can be found on etsy. They are so beautiful - I wish etsy were around when I got married!! Click on the number for a link to the seller.





Invitations

3. Antique Butterfly Wedding Invitation Suite 4. Butterfly Shower Invitations - Choose Your Colors

All of these invitations are from etsy. Click on the link for seller's info. I know some of the colors are wrong, but I liked the look of these, and I think for some of them the color can be changed. There are so many options!

Fun Things

Favor Bags



Favors

4.



Congratulations Lori! We can't wait for your wedding!





No comments:

Post a Comment