Thursday, July 14, 2011

New Teacher Outfits

Although the new school year is still a month away, I have been slowly getting ready. I've purchased some things for my new classroom, planned a few units of study, and updated my classroom website. I've also planned a few new pieces to add to my teacher wardrobe!

Here are some new things I've added into the mix for the new school year.


I love this maxi dress from Downeast Basics. It doesn't look like too much in the picture, but on it is so adorable. I also love that I can just pull it on and have my whole outfit ready.

Back to School '11


I know not all schools allow their teachers to wear open toed shoes, but here in sunny California, all of the schools I have worked for have allowed it. I think a pair of ballet flats would look cute, too, or even cowboy boots in the cooler months.

This dress from Modcloth is so me. I really like the silhouette of the dress, and this coral color is so pretty. One of my goals for this year is to wear more color - with this dress, I would definitely be doing that!


For the pretty lines of this dress I would like to keep things simple. I'm not much of an accessories girl anyway. If I could actually get my hair to work in that style, I would totally do it. That would be a small miracle!

For right now, that is it. I've been losing weight and a whole bunch of outfits I previously purchased that never fit are now fitting. I feel like I doubled my wardrobe for free! I also have my annual back-to-school shopping trip coming up, so I'm sure I'll pick up a few pieces then. Every year, I invite all of my coworkers out for shopping and lunch before school starts. It is always a blast, and each year I've been able to get some pieces that I truly wear all year long. I'll be sure to update after that outing!

No comments:

Post a Comment