Sunday, July 24, 2011

Miette Cupcakes


Mike and I headed into San Francisco yesterday to meet up with some of his friends and take them out for pizza. Since we were in the area, we made a quick stop at Miette bakery for some cupcakes. I've been wanting to try these for awhile, because not only are they completely adorable, but the gingerbread cupcake was recently voted the best in the country by the Food Network.


The gingerbread cupcake is on the right, and the one on the left is vanilla with strawberry butter cream frosting. Aren't they so pretty? The little flower on top is so precious. I do have to say that the gingerbread cupcake was absolutely fantastic. It's topped with cream cheese frosting, which is my favorite. The frosting was my favorite part, and the cake was very delicious, not too heavy, very moist, and had a really nice gingerbread flavor.

Inside their little shop they also sell sweets, and Mike found Fralinger's taffy. This taffy is made in New Jersey at the shore, where Mike spent most of his summers as a kid. He picked up some to munch on before the cupcake.


I'm so glad we finally had a chance to go. I know I'll be going again whenever we stop in the city! For the record - The banana cupcake at Icing on the Cake bakery in Los Gatos is still my all time favorite. I've yet to find a cupcake that can beat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment