Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Saturday San Francisco Adventure!

Today Mike and I decided to go on a bit of an adventure. Which really just meant that we decided to go to San Francisco, but we really didn't know what we were going to do there.

We started by going to the Legion of Honor in Lincoln Park. It is so gorgeous and has a great view of the Golden Gate Bridge. It was also in Hitchcock's Vertigo, so of course I pretended to be Kim Novak for a bit while we were there.


From the film Vertigo in 1958. It looks pretty much the same now, minus a snazzy Jimmy Stewart and classic car. (photo source)

Mike and me in the front lawn area; the view of the Golden Gate Bridge from the front lawn.

After Mike had a chance to take some photos, we drove around the San Francisco Presidio area for a bit before heading to Baker Beach to watch the sunset. The clouds turned an incredible shade of pink right over the bridge. The whole scene looked like a watercolor painting and was just absolutely lovely. Mike got some great pictures, and then, since my bare, sand-covered feet were freezing, we headed back to the car.

Mike being a photographer; his pic of the "watercolor" bridge and clouds; the sunset.

We then stopped to get dinner on the way home at Joe's Cable Car diner. It was kitschy fun complete with Christmas lights and fake flowers. Mike and I both got milkshakes and burgers and relaxed after a fun day.

Me reveling in the kitsch; Mike about to enjoy his vanilla shake, and me sucking up my banana shake. I heart bananas!

Now we are off to watch a movie and cuddle up after our fun day. I love weekends with my hubby! :)

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I'm so glad that you guys were in the city for the sunset - not only to enjoy the moment, but also for Mike to capture it. It was a great one. What a fun, spontaneous Saturday. Now why was I running errands...do you think having a blog has motivated you to do more fun and interesting things or are have you always been this way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually our usual way, but the blog has motivated me to bring my camera and take pictures! :)Usually Mike has his camera, but now I always have mine.

    ReplyDelete