Sunday, December 15, 2013

{Mommy Style} Holiday Edition!

I LOVE the holidays, and one small part of that is getting to plan outfits for all of the festivities.  We have a few fun things coming up this month, and since I haven't done a Mommy Style post in awhile, I thought now would be the perfect time to do so.

The first event on our horizon is Mike's annual company holiday party.  This is an event where we get to dress up and have a night out on the town.  While the party is never black tie, it is something that men tend to where suits and ladies put on something fancy.



Piperlime was having an excellent sale, and I managed to nab this Pink Martini dress for only $50, which was half off the usual price.  I already own the rsvp brand pumps, and I already have the gold pearl earrings.  In person, the dress has a really nice vintage shape to it and I am totally loving the black and gold trend I've been seeing lately.

The holiday party is on the twenty-first of December, so the next festive event we have is Christmas itself.  On xmas we usually just hang around the house all day, eating monkey bread, baking cookies, and watching holiday movies.  For all of those low-key activities, there is no reason to wear anything but comfy jeans and a tee.


My favorite jeans are my Old Navy Rockstar jeans, purchased months ago on sale for $19.  A plain white tee (not the band, ha!) and a red scarf are perfect for curling up with E and Mike and watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Elf, and all of our other holiday faves.  If I ever am to venture out of the house, I'll put on my green ballet flats to complete the holiday look.

Since Mike and I live across the country from our families, we don't typically do anything special in terms of a Christmas dinner or anything like that.  Since we have lots of friends in the area who also live far from their families, we thought it would be fun to go out for a big dinner at a local Chinese food place to celebrate the holiday.  The restaurant we have in mind decorates and is really pretty, and, if the dinner turns out to be a success, we can make it a tradition with our friends and any family who is visiting.  


The restaurant we are going to isn't super fancy, but I felt like since it is Christmas, it would be fun to dress up a little for dinner.  It doesn't get super cold out our way in Northern California, so short sleeves are fine.  This little red Old Navy dress does the trick, especially with green ballet flats.  

With only ten days until Christmas, the excitement is building!  Our house is decorated, the Christmas music is playing, and we are definitely in the spirit.  Keep an eye out for a Child Style post on E's holiday looks, and a little post on our holiday traditions coming up soon.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment