Tuesday, December 31, 2013

{Mommy Style} Everything's Coming Up Poppies

For this edition of Mommy Style, I thought I would focus on all things poppies.  The bright-hued flower is kinda my "thing," as you might have been able to tell from the name of the blog.  I love poppies for their color and whimsy, and am starting to own my fair share of poppy themed items.  Here are a few which I've been wanting to add to my collection.


1.  J. Crew has my very favorite knit tees, and their new line of Artist tees comes in this vibrant shade of poppy red.  

2.  Who wouldn't want a soft, dewy, just-pinched look on their cheeks every day? With Benefit's Posie Tint, you can have just that.  It makes me look nice and fresh, even if I've just come from an early morning wake up with E.  Just a few dabs of the poppy pink serum and my cheeks are glowing and I actually look awake. Win!

3.  I'm not much of a phone person, and usually never put a case on mine.  Since Ethan loves to hold my phone, however, a case is necessary since it gets dropped more often than I'd like to admit.  This poppy wildflower case from Rifle Paper Co. is just my style, and is a case I'd shell out a little more for since it is so pretty.

4.  For all of the perfume wearers out there, Coach's Poppy fragrance is a light floral perfect for every day wear.  The fact that it comes in a super cute bottle and is pink doesn't hurt, either. 

5.  A couple of years ago Essie came out with a gorgeous and fun "Poppy-razzi" line of colors, and I love them all.  The pinks, reds, and oranges are so bright and fun, especially for toes.  Nothing perks up the winter blues like some colorful polish.

6.  When I get my bake on, this Marimekko apron will do the trick to keep my clothes clean in the kitchen.  Bring on the flour!

7.  Rainy season is upon us (although we haven't gotten too much here), and these poppy rain boots are a fun way to sweep the clouds away.

8.  Mike and I are in the middle of redecorating our powder room (pics and details coming soon!), and this white poppy vase from Anthropologie is a must for the new decor.

9.  I'm still toting a diaper bag, but when it's time to switch back to a purse, this glossy red bag from Coach's Poppy collection will do the trick nicely.  It even has little flowers on it - perfect!

I hope everyone had a great holiday.  Here's to a wonderful 2014!



No comments:

Post a Comment