Sunday, December 22, 2013

{Color Crush} Shades of Red

A few days ago my girlfriends and I were getting manicures for a holiday party, and we started talking about our favorite shades of polish.  For me, it is always classic red.  I'll occasionally get another color to match a certain outfit, but no matter which other color I choose, it never compares to red.  There is something so classic and beautiful about the color, and, as my friend said, it is so ladylike. In honor of the classic color, which is also perfectly suited to the holiday season, here is my December color crush page on all of my favorite things red.



1.  I have always been a sucker for a bright red coat, and this one from Original Penguin certainly fits the bill.  The peplum bottom is so flattering and feminine, and the color is perfect and classic.  Although you can't see it in the picture, the lining on this coat is amazing as well.  I love this coat so much I even wear it on days that aren't super chilly, just because. 

2.  Essie Nail Polish in Lollipop is my all-time favorite shade of nail polish.  It is the only bottle of nail polish I've actually used all of the way up and had to buy a new bottle.  Love, love, love it!

3.  For a little bit of a dressier or more dramatic shade of red polish, or to match things that aren't classic red, I love Revlon in the shade of Saucy.  It has subtle streaks of a gold sheen in it, and looks great with pinks, dark reds, and even shades of plum and purple.

4.  If this dress had been available a few weeks earlier, it would have totally been my pick for my hubby's holiday party.  I love the vintage shape and the gorgeous sheer floral pattern at the top.  If it goes on sale I might have to get it for another event - I don't know which one yet, but I'm sure I could find something to wear this to, even if I have to host a party myself to do so!

5.  My favorite tee of the winter is my Seamed Scoopneck Tee from Anthropologie.  It is so comfy, and makes jeans and boots look a little more put together than if I were to wear any old t-shirt.

6.  Winter is rainy season in Northern California (where I live), and although this year hasn't been particularly rainy yet, I'm sure we'll have more rainy days to come before the weather settles into its normal sunny days.  These red rain boots from Hunter are beautiful and practical, too!

7.  This LRD (little red dress) from Anthro is another item I've been coveting.  The shape is so pretty, especially with the little ruffles on the sleeve.  I feel like I could even wear this when I go back to work, either by adding a little cardigan or a long sleeve tee underneath.  


"Beauty, to me, is being comfortable in your own skin.  That, or a kick-ass red lipstick." - Gwyneth Paltrow

No comments:

Post a Comment