Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend Review

This weekend was so much fun. On Saturday night, Mike, Sharon, and I went to see an improv murder mystery show. It was soooo funny! The audience got to suggest aspects of the story that had to be worked into the plot. The actors were great, and at one point I was silent laughing. Is there anything better than silent laughing? I think not. :) This is the same troupe who performed the improv Star Trek episode that we saw awhile back ... that was my favorite, I have to say. In the one we just saw, it was a murder mystery set on a hog farm in England in the 1940's. The murder weapon was a set of pearls, and the killer was the son, Chuckie Jr. Fantastic!

Sharon and me outside of the theater. Want to see a show for yourself? Info is at www.improv.org

After the show, we went to Bistro Central Parc for dinner. It was a-maz-ing. We feasted. We gorged. We even ordered in French ... oh wait, that was just me. The waiter made me. He was even gracious enough to say that I did "perfect." If only it were true!

Here are pics of our starters, mains, and desserts. We will for sure be going back very soon!

Starters: Mushroom risotto and Kobe tartar. Mains: Scallop risotto, Duck confit, and Seared duck breast. Dessert: Creme brulee and profiteroles

On Sunday I went out to brunch with a great group of girls to celebrate my friend Jen's birthday. You could feel the love at that table for Jen - she is one fabulous lady. Did I mention that there were also wheat grass shots? I myself did not partake, but they looked very ... grassy. And fun. :) We had a ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment