Thursday, April 18, 2013

Film Fashion Series: The Great Gatsby

The new film version of The Great Gatsby is coming out on May 20th.  The few previews I have seen look amazing, and it got me thinking that it would be so fun to dress up and go out to see the movie with my girlfriends.  You know I love anything with a theme, and so here are two Gatsby inspired looks I put together.




Gatsby Inspired Looks



I know they aren't totally historically accurate, but I liked the art deco and flapper influences in both outfits, and both are very wearable for day-to-day.  

As I was putting together the looks above, I came across some really cute products that fit with the Gatsby theme as well.  These include Gatsby items and other 1920's influenced trends, like Art Nouveau, cloche hats, and the iconic Mr. Chaplin.  


ggg


1. Art Nouveau bracelet and earrings - Modcloth.com
2. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Penguin Classics Edition - Amazon.com
3. Charlie Chaplin Mug - Modcloth.com
4. Gatsby Women's Tee - OutofPrint.com
5. Cloche Hat - Hatsinthebellfry.com
6. Essie Nail Polish in Red Nouveau and Tart Deco - Amazon.com
7. Art Print - etsy.com
8. Gatsby Tee - OutofPrint.com


To get inspired yourself, check out The Great Gatsby trailer on Apple Movie Trailers.

“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” 
― F. Scott FitzgeraldThe Great Gatsby

No comments:

Post a Comment