Saturday, March 19, 2011

Retro Peanut Butter Pie


I found this delicious recipe online when I was searching for "old-fashioned cakes and pies." I'm not sure exactly how "retro" this really is - they say '70's, which could be accurate, though I'm not sure. Either way, retro or not, it is absolutely fantastic and I almost ate the entire thing myself. This is a good recipe if you like peanut butter (it is not overly rich, it has a nice, soft flavor) and want something easy and quick to whip up. Enjoy!



This recipe is from Family Fun Magazine.

  1. Beat 1 package cream cheese and a 1/2 cup brown sugar in a bowl until smooth.
  2. Add 1 cup creamy peanut butter, 1/2 cup milk, and a tablespoon of vanilla. Mix until smooth and creamy. Add in an 8 0z tub of thawed cool whip, and gently fold in until the mixture is smooth. Don't beat too hard!
  3. Scoop the mixture (the mixture should be a mousse-like consistency) into a prepared graham cracker crust. If you want to make your own crust, chop up graham crackers in the food processor until they are fine crumbs and add melted butter until they are moist but not wet. Press into the bottom of a round pie plate. Bake for about ten minutes and then cool.
  4. Add chopped up Resse's Peanut Butter Cups around the edge of the pie. I added a bit too many - it looked pretty, but ended up being too much for me to eat and I would usually scrape some off. You might want to go lighter than in my picture.


Refrigerate for a couple of hours until set. Try not to eat too much all at once! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment