Saturday, August 10, 2013

A Teacher's Wardrobe - First Day of School

As I was walking around Target the other day, I turned the corner and was met by a site that teachers look forward to every year.  Glistening folders, stacks of binder paper, and boxes of pre-sharpened Ticonderogas were stacked as far as the eye could see.  Erasers, markers, and lunch boxes filled the shelves.  It's here - Back to School time!

Even though I am not returning to the classroom this fall so I can spend another year with baby E, I couldn't help but get myself into Back to School mode and start thinking of all the things I would be preparing were I going back.  Of course, knowing me, I started thinking of what my first day of school outfit would be, and that got me inspired for another Teacher Wardrobe post.

The first day of school, as all teachers know, sets the tone for the entire year.  I like to project an image that shows exactly who I am as a teacher:  professional, fun, friendly, and creative.  With that in mind, I put together several looks that I would love to wear as a teacher.  I kept in mind that many districts require things like closed-toed shoes and covered shoulders while I was putting together my outfit sets.  I will say that the district in which I work is a bit more casual than others, so you won't be seeing any suits here; with that being said, I still feel all of the looks are professional and would be acceptable in most schools.

Without further ado, here are a few looks for the first day, Golden Poppy Press style. :)


 I love this look for a younger grade teacher especially.  The bright colors are so cheerful, and students will surely notice the cute apple earrings.



What teacher doesn't love polka dots? Okay, I'm sure there are some, but this teacher sure loves them! There is something about them that just screams "fun" and "fresh" to me.



For something a little more sophisticated, this dress from J. Crew is perfection to me.  I love the color and the cut, and with a statement necklace and pumps, it makes the perfect professional statement for the first day.


Looking for something a little more funky, a little more fun? I can totally imagine a cute art teacher rockin' this look for the first day.  You could pair it with a black knit t-shirt (underneath) or a cardigan for a bit more coverage if your district doesn't allow bare arms, and it could transition great to the fall with tights and boots.



Have you thought about your first day look?

No comments:

Post a Comment