Monday, February 18, 2013

Mommy Style

Here are a few outfits I've been wearing (or planning to wear!) now that I'm in Mommy mode instead of work mode.
Running Errands

I've found that flats are the key to getting into and out of the house with ease. When I've got Ethan in my arms and I'm trying to get the door open, I love to be able to just flex my foot to slip on or pop off my shoes. I have no time for laces on shoes anymore! Knit tees are also my new best friends, since I have to wash my tops more frequently (thanks spit-up and drool!). A colorful scarf helps me hide said stains so I don't have to change my shirt throughout the day, at least.
Lunch with Friends

This dress caught my eye right away. I love the stretchy knit fabric, which makes it easy to wear and comfortable enough for more day-to-day outings, but the hemline and the crochet lace detail make it just a little nicer so I feel like I made an effort. With boots and a cardigan it is perfect for winter in Northern California, and I can also wear it throughout summer with wedges. Perfect!
Evening Out

A cute dress with tights is a weakness of mine. The hemline on this dress and the elastic waist make it flattering on my "not quite back from baby" body, and the heels, being wedges, are more comfortable and practical. Now if we could just figure out a way to get out of the house on a date night ... that's a whole new challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment